10 Ways To Spread God’s Unconditional Love
Written by: Jessica Mills
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. - John 13:34 (NIV)
In such an unusual time and climate, it is the perfect opportunity to seek ways to love and serve others in our family and community. You never know what small act of kindness could completely make someone’s day. Below are a few ways you can spread God’s unconditional love to those around you this season.
1. Forgive someone. This is something that isn’t always mentioned as an act of love. However, it is one of the greatest ways to show the love of Christ to others.
2. Pay it forward. You’ve probably heard of this one before. The concept is so simple. For example, when you are at your local coffee shop, treat the person behind you to their favorite treat or beverage.
3. Pray for your friends. Is someone close to you going through a really hard time? Reach out to them and cover them in prayer.
4. Acts of service. I personally love to find new ways to volunteer in the community. It’s a great way to serve others and even make some new friends.
5. Be present. When you are spending time with your loved ones, put your phones down and really enjoy your time together.
6. Prepare a meal for someone. Do you have a friend or family member who has recently been stretched too thin? Offer to swing by and cook them a nice meal.
7. Bake a few goodies for your coworkers. Nothing says love like a fresh chocolate chip cookie in my book. Spread good morale at your office with a few sweet treats!
8. Send a handwritten letter or card. Who else loves to receive snail mail? Even a short note can brighten an otherwise uneventful day.
9. Adopt a furry friend. If you have been wanting a pet, there is no better way to spread some love than by giving a puppy a forever home.
10. Be kind to all. Even if it is someone who you are prone to butt heads with. Try to view them like Jesus would. There is no better way to show God’s love than by loving others as He loves us.
How do you plan on showing His love to others today? Comment below! :)
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD? CLICK HERE