I’ve always been the one at the summer barbeque to skip over the real food, and linger around the dessert table. Over the years, I’ve also began to really enjoy making some of these seasonal favorites myself. Below you will find recipes to three delicious desserts that will be perfect to whip up for your next party or event!
1.) America Cheesecake
This is one of my absolute favorite desserts that I found on Pinterest a few years back to make for the 4th of July, and it’s always been a hit!
2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
2 packages of cool whip
2 cups of halved strawberries
1/3 cup of blueberries
1/3 cup of sugar
1 premade graham cracker crust
1. Whip together the cream cheese and sugar until blended. Then you can add in the cool whip manually mix it together. Fill your pre-made crust.
2. Refrigerate for 3 hours and then top with your fruit to make the flag.
2.) Oreo Icebox Dessert
I haven’t personally made this one but it sounds incredible! Who doesn’t enjoy an Oreo dessert?
1 (15 oz.) package Oreos, crushed
6 T. butter, melted
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 c. confectioners’ sugar
1 large (5.1 oz.) box instant chocolate pudding mix + milk to prepare, as specified on the pudding package
1 large (16 oz.) container Cool Whip whipped topping
1. Set aside about 1/4 cup crushed Oreos. Mix remaining crushed Oreos with the melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; mix well. Fold in 1/2 of the Cool Whip until well combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crushed Oreo layer. Chill for 20 minutes.
3. Prepare chocolate pudding according to package directions. Spread over cream cheese layer. Chill for 20 minutes.
4. Spread remaining Cool Whip over the pudding layer. Sprinkle reserved crushed Oreos on top. Chill for 8 hours or overnight before serving.
3.) Strawberry Tiramisu
I found this recipe recently on Pinterest, and I will definitely be adding it to my list to try out this summer!
1/3 cup strawberry jam or preserves
¼ cup water (or prosecco)
½ tsp balsamic vinegar (or lemon juice)
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup mascarpone cheese
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 cups sliced strawberries
1. In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer or stand mixer on medium-high speed for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until smooth and thickened.
2. In a small bowl, combine strawberry preserves, water, and balsamic vinegar. Stir with a fork until combined. Dip the ladyfingers in the mixture to coat them. Line the ladyfingers in a single layer, in the bottom of a 8”x 8” or similarly sized baking dish.
3. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers and layer with half of the sliced strawberries.
4. Repeat with the remaining ladyfingers, mascarpone mixture, and sliced strawberries.
5. Cover with cling wrap and chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
For more tips on this recipe you can check out this link: https://platedcravings.com/strawberry-tiramisu/
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD? CLICK HERE
Happy dessert making!