But you are not like that, for you are a CHOSEN people.
You are ROYAL priests, a HOLY nation, God’s VERY OWN possession.
As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for He called you out of the darkness into His wonderful light.
- 1 Peter 2:9
Ever battled with who you are because of everything that goes on in your world? Almost every corner someone has written a book about self discovery and on the daily someone is trying to define you according to your level of education or according to your financial standing and so on and so forth. You sit and wonder with everything and everyone, who am I? I have battled with this for years, simply because I associated identity with everything else but my Maker. I thought I had to define who I am based on my background or my achievements or what society profiled me as, but 1 Peter 2 verse 9 gives us a clear indication of who we are and Whose we are.
1. We are a chosen people, we are not just mere men trying to make it out of this life, but we are the chosen ones. God took His time and hand picked me and you for His own. He calls us His children.
2. We are ROYAL Priests, we are of royalty. We are very important people. God holds us in high esteem and has appointed us as His very own Royal Priests.
3. We are a Holy Nation. I know that with everything we have gone through it’s easy to feel like you are an unredeemable sinner, but because God called you, He justified you as holy, so you are holy and made righteous by God Himself, not by your own doings.
4. We are God's Very Own Possession.
Diving in to the truths above, its safe to conclude that we are God's masterpiece. We are His Pride. Whenever our names are mentioned, God gets a big smile on His face because we are His very own.
The book of Isaiah 62:3 tells us that “The LORD will hold you in his hand for all to see - a splendid crown in the hand of God.” So today I want to invite you to walk in this full knowledge that you are a splendid crown in Gods hand. It does not matter what you are going through or experiencing; you are a royal crown in God's hand.
Truths about your identity:
1. You are made in the image of God and in His likeness.
2. You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
3. You are important to God.
4. You are chosen for His purpose.
5. You are the Temple of God (the dwelling place of Holy Spirit).
Father God, thank You for Your constant love. Thank You that my identity is in You. As I go through this day, help me not forget who I am and the authority I possess through You. Help me to live fully in the truth of my identity, and may it reflect in everything I do and everything I am part of, Amen.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD? CLICK HERE