Click HERE to listen to today's devotion
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
- Ephesians 5:15-17
It's amazing how many hats we can wear throughout the day. I’m sure you’re like me and have an awful lot! I am a daughter, friend, fiance, teacher, life group leader, coworker, Christian, sister, roommate, cat mom, and the list goes on. Those are all of the roles that I have to fulfill each and every day and it can be very overwhelming. Through a tremendous amount of trial and error, I have learned more about time management and how to balance wearing all the hats in my wardrobe. I hope that some of these ideas can help you too!
1. Put God first! Always make sure you spend time in His presence and in His word every single day. God has created a path for you and knows every detail of your today, tomorrow, and forever. Trust that time spent with Him will open your eyes to how your time should be best spent! Seek His will and ask Him to guide you to spend your time well through honoring Him.
2. PRIORITIZE! I can’t place enough emphasis on the importance of prioritizing your time. I am the type of person that wants to complete my to do list in one swift motion. I have learned that prioritizing what needs to be done is crucial in not losing your mind. When I make any to-do list I have a “today,” “tomorrow,” and “later this week” section. When I prioritize what needs to be done I can have peace of mind knowing it will be completed over the course of that day, week, or even month!
3. Self care is so important! We all know the feeling of complete exhaustion and running completely on E. That state is not good for us physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Take time for yourself amidst all of your commitments. Put on a face mask, play worship music in the car and go for a drive, buy a milkshake and lay in bed, take a bubble bath, etc. Do something that brings you rest and lets you just breathe!
Take a deep breath and know that all of the roles you have and the commitments made are gifts! You are loved, wanted, and needed by so many in the various hats you wear. Ask God for guidance in how you can best use your time and don’t take for granted the time you have!
1. What “hats” do you wear?
2. How do you manage your time?
3. How can you trust God more in helping you spend your time wisely?
Dear Lord, Thank You so much for giving me so many hats to wear in this life. I am honored that You call me daughter and that I am chosen to have many roles. Please help guide me in spending my time wisely and honoring You with it, Amen.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD? CLICK HERE