Written by: Jessica Fox
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
- John 15:5 NIV
Nothing says summer like creating a bright planter of fresh blooms for your front porch or working on your garden. There is something so peaceful and serene about this kind of activity. When we work with our hands with some of God’s most beautiful creations, it is easy to see His evident beauty. By taking care of our own plants, we can see a similar image in how the Lord has planted many gifts in us and throughout our lives. Below are a few tips for creating your own DIY planter.
1. Build or purchase a planter that matches your own personal style. There are tons of options to choose from. If you are feeling adventurous you can check out Pinterest for multiple how-to pins!
2. Find nutrient - rich soil or growing nutrients to keep your flowers and any other plants healthy. This can promote a longer life for your plants and keep them healthy during environmental factors that may occur.
3. Pick out your flowers and plants. Personally I love to go through our local nursery every summer. They seem to have a way wider variety than the chain stores and it’s always nice to support a small business.
4. Educate yourself about the best growing conditions for your plants. Some require more or less sun and water than others. Which is something I didn’t always take into account when I first started planting flowers.
5. It’s time to start making your planter! This year I went for an all-pink theme for mine, but I also love a bright mixture as well. Once you’ve planted, just remember to keep up with your watering and regular maintenance.
Happy planting friends! And don’t forget to share your final product with us!!
Tag @laneofroses in a pic and use the hashtag #lorinbloom
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD? CLICK HERE